Finding the best tweezers for eyebrows can be a daunting task.
Whether you prefer thinner, neater eyebrows or thick and fluffy ones, it’s hard to find a pair of brows that don’t need regular maintenance. Nice eyebrows have always been a sign of beauty, but especially in today’s world, having a good set of arches has become a necessity.
You can groom your brows in several different ways such as microblading and brow lamination but some methods can be more harmful than others. Waxing and threading are popular but can be harsh on sensitive skin. Over time, these appointments can be hard on your wallet.
Similarly, laser hair removal is costly and takes multiple sessions to see a difference. Fortunately, there’s a simple grooming method that is cost-effective, better for your skin, and can be done from the comfort of your own home.
Tweezers have been used to groom eyebrows for centuries. They allow you to sculpt a nice brow shape in a precise and controlled manner. You can use a pair of tweezers for other needs, like removing splinters or applying lashes. They can also be used to remove other facial hair, like lip or chin hair. Sometimes, the classic ways really are best!
Whether you want to carry out regular maintenance, or sculpt an entirely new brow shape, everyone needs a pair of tweezers in their medicine cabinet.
There are many different shaped tweezers to choose from, but to make the choice easier, we’ve done the work for you. Below, you’ll find our selection of great eyebrow tweezers available. We’ve also put together a guide packed with information about choosing the right tweezers for your needs.
- What Are Eyebrow Tweezers?
- 10 Best Eyebrow Tweezers
- Tweezer Guru Slant Eyebrow Tweezers
- Tweezerman Mini Slant Tweezer
- Coco’s Professional Eyebrow Tweezers
- Milly’s Perfectly Aligned Point Tip Precision Tweezers
- Revlon Perfectweeze Slant Tip Tweezer with Easy Scissor Handle
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Precision Tweezers
- ApeX Original Round Tip Tweezers with Leather Sheath
- Revlon Gold Series Titanium Coated Lighted Slant Tweezer
- TsMADDT Eyebrow Tweezer Set with Leather Travel Case
- Tweezerman Wide Grip Slant Tweezer
- Best Tweezers For Eyebrows Buying Guide
- How to use eyebrow tweezers
- How to choose the right eyebrow tweezers
- The different types of eyebrow tweezer tips
- Tips on tweezing your brows
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What type of tweezers are best for plucking eyebrows?
- What tweezers are best for ingrown hairs?
- Are tweezers good for eyebrows?
- Best Tweezers For Eyebrows Summary
What Are Eyebrow Tweezers?
Eyebrow tweezers are used to pluck eyebrow hairs, as they are too thin and small for human fingers to handle. By using a pair of tweezers, you can design your brows to your desired shape and thickness.
They are made out of durable materials and come in a range of different shaped tips. Depending on your preferences, tweezers can help neaten up bushier brows or carve out thinner, precise arches.
10 Best Eyebrow Tweezers
Tweezer Guru’s tweezers are popular for a variety of reasons. Made out of durable premium-grade stainless steel, a pair of these will last you a lifetime. They’re built with expert calibrated tension, which can grip even the finest hairs with ease.
Tweezer Guru’s tweezers come in a matte black finish with a non-slip control grip. Your fingers won’t slip using these, making tweezing unwanted hairs quick and easy.
With a slanted tip, these tweezers can grab both thin and thick hairs. You can use the pointed side to target individual hairs, or the straighter edge to remove multiple strands at a time.
- Made of strong stainless steel with a long lifespan
- Sleek aesthetic finish
- Precision hand-filed tips easily grab hairs
- Some users claimed tweezer’ tips broke hair strands
Tweezerman’s Mini Slant Tweezer is popular for several reasons. Their slanted tip is at a 25° ergonomic angle, perfect for removing brow hairs. The hand-filed slanted tips grab hairs with ease, saving you time when grooming your brows.
The tweezers are available in many different colors and patterns, as well as a classic silver finish. They are small in size, making them great to travel with as they won’t take up space.
These Tweezerman tweezers are also made out of stainless steel, so they’re easy to clean and when taken care of, should last you a lifetime.
- Small travel size is convenient
- Many colors and patterns to choose from
- 25° slanted tip angle designed to remove hairs efficiently
- Small size can be fiddly for larger hands
Coco’s eyebrow tweezers are great if tweezers fall out of your hands. This pair has a wider silicone grip in the center, so you can grip the tweezers better. The grip is also in a bright color which makes them easy to find at the bottom of a makeup bag.
The tip is engineered with a perfectly aligned angled tip. These tips can handle many hair types and textures. The grip is strong and sturdy enough to grab hairs, but won’t break them off of your skin.
Coco’s tweezers also have a powder-coated finish. This stops fingers from slipping off of the surface. You can control these tweezers easily, so it should be easier to shape your eyebrows.
- Wide grip makes tweezers comfortable to hold
- Bright color is easy to spot
- Engineered tip needs little pressure to pluck hairs
- Pointed tip may be too sharp for some users
Milly’s Point Tip Tweezers are perfect for ingrown hairs. The point allows you to get under the skin and remove stubborn hairs. The tips are engineered to remove hair easily without breakage.
Available in black, pink, and a silver finish, these tweezers are also made out of 100% stainless steel. If looked after, a pair of these will last a long time.
These tweezers are also multi-functional. You can use the pointed tip to remove splinters and glass from under the skin.
- Available in three different finishes
- Removes ingrown hairs easily
- Money-Back Guarantee if not satisfied with product
- Difficult to remove multiple hairs at a time
- Thin tip may struggle to remove thicker hair
Revlon’s Perfectweeze Tweezer is unusual as it comes with a scissor handle. This handle is particularly good for those with joint issues or weak hands. With the scissor handle, users gain more control over the tweezer and don’t need to place much pressure on the instrument.
The scissor handle works on both left and right hands. The slanted tip is good for individual stray hairs or plucking several ones at a time.
Revlon promises that the tweezer is durable and sturdy, so it should resist any knocks and falls that may occur.
- Scissor handle is designed for those with mobility issues
- Suitable for both left and right-handed users
- Heavy product may rust over time
Anastasia Beverly Hills is the #1 US Brow Brand, so their tweezers promise to be of high quality. Made out of salon-quality stainless steel, these tweezers are resistant to damage and scratches.
These slant tweezers are strong, but sharp enough to remove short and long strands easily. Calibrated with perfect tension, Anastasia Beverly Hills’ tweezers promise to be strong, bouncing back after each hair is removed.
- Made out of strong materials, will last a long time
- Slanted tip suitable for many brow shaping needs
ApeX’s Original Tweezers are different from most, as they come with a round tip. This is great for people that find traditional tweezers too sharp. The rounded tip can also prevent skin pinching and accidental cuts.
These tweezers are made out of brushed stainless steel, so they should last a long time. This pair also comes with a leather sheath, which protects your tweezers when not in use.
- Rounded tip is safe to use
- Made out of durable stainless steel
- Larger size is good for male hands but not for female or smaller hands
- Leather sheath isn’t suitable for vegans
Revlon’s Lighted Slant Tweezer’s main feature is that it comes built with an LED light. When used on eyebrows, this light illuminates hairs that are hard to find. It’s easier to see smaller and finer hairs, so the user can remove these with ease.
The tweezers are also coated with titanium, which makes them strong and long-lasting. Their slanted tip can remove both thin and thick hairs, and they also come with a replaceable battery.
- LED Light makes it easy to see more eyebrow hairs
- Long-lasting and durable due to titanium coating
- Light makes tweezers bulkier than normal
- Battery will need replacing if light is used often
This eyebrow tweezer set is great value. It comes with all of the tools necessary for all your plucking needs. The four tweezers in the set all have different tips, slanted, flat, angled, and pointed. There’s a tweezer for every kind of hair type and concern.
The tweezers themselves are surgical grade stainless steel. They are strong, durable, and have a long lifespan. These also come in bright, fun colors, so they are easy to spot around your home. The tips are sharp and perfectly aligned to grab hairs at the root. They can remove short hairs or thin strands without a lot of pressure.
The set comes with a leather case to protect the tweezers, so you can travel without losing multiple items. They also come with an eyebrow brush and scissors, which are good for trimming longer or thicker brow hairs.
- Many tweezers suitable for variety of eyebrow needs
- Bright colors are fun and easy to spot
- Leather case for portability
- Leather case isn’t suitable for vegans
- Sharp tips may be harsh on sensitive skin
- Many different parts which can be misplaced easily
This pair of tweezers has an ergonomic design that allows for better control. The center is wider, allowing fingers to grip the pair easily, without slipping.
Tweezerman’s Wide Grip tweezers also have expert calibrated tension, gripping hairs easily, without a lot of pressure. The tips are hand filed and perfectly aligned, making it easier to grab strands without breaking them off.
Made out of stainless steel, this pair of tweezers are long lasting, strong, and easy to clean.
- Wide center grip gives users better control
- Available in both silver and purple
- Steel material is strong with a sleek finish
- Filed tip tweezer makes it difficult to remove ingrowns
Best Tweezers For Eyebrows Buying Guide
How to use eyebrow tweezers
- Before you start tweezing, think about the type of shape you want beforehand. If your hairs are long, you can trim them with nail scissors. You can also use a white eye pencil to draw on the shape you want, then use it as a guideline to tweeze around.
- Once you’ve settled on a shape, you can start tweezing. Take your tweezers, then hold them between your thumb and index finger.
- Bring the tweezers up to your brows. Pulling the surrounding skin taut will make the process less painful. Place a hair in between the tweezer’s tips, as close to the root as possible.
- Press down, using the tweezers to grip the hair in between the tips. Then, pluck the hair out, pulling in the direction of eyebrow hair growth.
- Continue on the rest of your brow hairs until all the stray hairs have gone.
How to choose the right eyebrow tweezers
There are lots of different tweezers on the market, so it’s important to choose the right one for your brows. The price or brand doesn’t matter as much when choosing tweezers, but there are several other factors that you should consider before settling on a pair.
The different types of eyebrow tweezer tips
Tweezers tend to come in three styles: angled, pointed, or straight-tipped. Angled-shaped tweezers are the most popular. They have a pointed end that’s great for removing individual hairs, while the longer edge can grab multiple hairs easily. If you want a good all-round tweezer, it’s best to opt for a slanted or angled tip.
Pointed tip tweezers are good for coaxing ingrown hairs out from under the skin. They can easily grab shorter or thinner hairs better than other tweezers. These are sharp, so take care when using these. Pointed tweezers are great for thinner brows that don’t need a lot of maintenance, but they’re a good option if you’re prone to stubborn ingrown hairs.
Straight or flat-tipped tweezers are best for pulling out lots of hairs at a time. If you have bushy brows or need to do some heavy-duty plucking, straight-tipped tweezers are the best option for you. They also have a bonus, as you can also use them to apply false lashes.
Tweezers should be made out of strong and damage-resistant metal. They shouldn’t need to be replaced often, as a decent pair can last for decades. High-quality pairs tend to be made out of stainless steel, which has a long lifespan. Try to find ones that come with a casing for the tips. Replacing the casing after every use will prevent the edges from becoming blunt, so they can grip hairs better.
High-quality tweezers should have two distinct features. Firstly, when you close the tweezers, the tips should close together with no space in between them. If there is a gap, the tweezers won’t grab thinner or shorter hairs as well.
Secondly, the tweezers should have tips that bounce back once pressed together. A pair with perfectly calibrated tension has a strong grip, letting you tweeze the finest hairs with ease. If the tweezers aren’t strong enough, they won’t tweeze hairs as effectively.
Finish & Appearance
If aesthetics are important to you, you may want to opt for tweezers with a nicer appearance. Tweezers with a matte finish have an advantage, as they have a nonslip grip. This prevents your fingers from slipping when you tweeze. However, tweezers come in a range of colors and finishes. Depending on your preferences, you might want ones in a brighter shade, matte coating, or metallic overlay.
Tips on tweezing your brows
- Make sure that you tweeze your hairs from the root of the hairs. Plucking from the end of a hair can be more painful and could make the hairs break off in the center. Pull in the direction of hair growth in a smooth, fluid motion.
- If you find tweezing painful, tweezing after a shower can help. Warmer water opens the hair follicles and makes the hairs softer. You should find that tweezing the hairs is easier afterward. Pulling the skin taut can also make it easier to grab hairs by the root, making it less painful.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of tweezers are best for plucking eyebrows?
There are lots of different tweezer shapes on the market, which can make it difficult to know which one to choose. Different types of tweezers do different things, so the one you choose depends on your needs.
In most cases, slanted tweezers will do the job for you. These are the most common tweezer shapes. As the edge is both straight and pointed, it can pick up lots of hairs or individual ones with ease. However, if you get ingrowns or need to remove a lot of hairs, you should opt for pointed tweezers or ones with a flat edge.
What tweezers are best for ingrown hairs?
If you tend to get ingrown hairs, you should opt for a tweezer with a pointed tip. These are sharp enough to grab hairs under the skin, but use these with care, as they can pierce your skin. Wash the area with soap and water, then use rubbing alcohol to disinfect the tweezer.
Use the pointed tweezer to move the hair out of the skin. Once the ingrown hair rises above the skin, grab the root with the tweezers and pull it out. Remember to take your time and be gentle, as you could injure yourself with the pointed tip.
Are tweezers good for eyebrows?
Tweezing can be good for your brows, as you can concentrate on tweezing a precise brow shape. Tweezing is also a better option for sensitive skin, as waxing can be irritating and leave skin vulnerable to sun damage. However, it’s easy to go overboard with plucking. Over-plucking can be bad for your brows, as you can risk losing the hair follicles for good. It can also take a long time, even when done professionally.
If you want to tweeze, it’s best to decide on the shape you want before you pluck. Take periodic steps away from the mirror and see how your brows look. It’s always better to take too little away than too much.
Best Tweezers For Eyebrows Summary
There are a lot of eyebrow tweezers on the market and finding the best tweezers for eyebrows such as yours is always a difficult task. Everyone has different hair follicles and hands so finding a pair of eyebrow tweezers that fits your hands and grips your hair follicles the way you like isn’t easy. We hope that we have helped you with selecting a pair of the best eyebrow tweezers that will work for you.