Eye drops can help relieve dryness, irritation, and redness in the eyes, which can be exacerbated by the wearing of eyelash extensions and lash glue that comes with it.
When choosing eye drops to use with your eyelash extensions, avoiding products that contain oils, glycols, and glycerin is essential, as they can break down the adhesive that holds your extensions in place.
If you experience discomfort or irritation after using eye drops with your eyelash extensions, it is best to consult your lash technician or eye doctor.
Following these guidelines, you can safely use eye drops while wearing lashes and keep your eyes looking and feeling healthy.
♥ Key Takeaways ♥
- Eye drops can help relieve dryness, irritation, and redness in the eyes caused by eyelash extensions and lash glue.
- Care must be taken when using eye drops to avoid damaging the extensions.
- Avoid eye drops before your eyelash appointment and at least four hours after to prevent potential damage to your extensions.
- Choosing eye drops that are safe to use with contact lenses or preservative-free to avoid damaging the adhesive that holds the extensions in place.
Table of Contents - Click To
- Can You Use Eye Drops With Eyelash Extensions?
- How Soon After Getting Eyelash Extensions Can You Use Eye Drops?
- Best Eye Drops for Eyelash Extensions
- How To Apply Eye Drops With Eyelash Extensions (Step-by-Step)
- Frequently Asked Questions About Eye Drops With Eyelash Extensions
Can You Use Eye Drops With Eyelash Extensions?
If you wear eyelash extensions, you may wonder if it is safe to use eye drops.
The short answer is yes, but you should use them with care.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Avoid eye drops before your eyelash appointment and at least four hours after. This will help prevent any potential damage to your extensions.
- If you need to use eye drops, apply them carefully. Avoid getting them on your natural lash, and try to apply them to the white of your eye instead. You can also use a few drops of eyedrops daily, but check with your doctor first.
How Soon After Getting Eyelash Extensions Can You Use Eye Drops?
If you have just gotten an eyelash extension, you may wonder how soon you can use eye drops.
You should wait at least four hours after getting your lash treatment before using eye drops.
This is important because the adhesive used to attach the extensions to your natural lashes needs time to fully cure.
Using eye drops before the adhesive has fully cured can cause the extensions to come loose or fall off prematurely.
Choose eye drops that are safe to use with contact lenses, and avoid getting them directly on your lashes. By following these tips, you can safely and effectively use eye drops with your eyelash extensions.
Best Eye Drops for Eyelash Extensions
When you have eyelash extensions, taking care of them is crucial. One aspect of this is using the right eye drops.
Here are some of the best eye drops for eyelash extensions:
Refresh Tears is a popular choice for people with eyelash extensions.
These eye drops are designed to provide long-lasting relief for dry and irritated eyes. They are also safe to use with contact lenses, which makes them a great option if you wear contacts in addition to your eyelash extensions.
Visine is another popular brand of eye drops that can be used with eyelash extensions.
These drops are designed to relieve redness and irritation in the eyes.
It’s important to note that some people may experience stinging or burning when using Visine, so it’s best to test them before using them regularly with your eyelash extensions.
Naphcon-A is a brand of eye drops that are specifically designed to relieve redness and itching caused by allergies.
These drops are safe to use with contact lenses and can also be used with eyelash extensions.
It’s important to note that Naphcon-A should not be used for more than a few days in a row, as it can cause rebound redness if used too frequently.
How To Apply Eye Drops With Eyelash Extensions (Step-by-Step)
When you have eyelash extensions, applying eye drops without damaging them can be tricky.
With the proper technique, you can use eye drops safely and without any harm to your lashes.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to apply eye drops with eyelash extensions.
Step One: Before Application
- Wash your hands with soap and water to prevent transferring dirt or bacteria to your eyes.
- Clean your eyelids and lashes with a gentle cleanser to remove any dirt or makeup residue.
- Tilt your head back slightly to prevent the eye drops from running down your face.
Step Two: Application
- Hold the eye drop bottle with one hand and use the other hand to gently pull down your lower eyelid.
- Look up and apply a single drop of the eye drop into the lower eyelid.
- Close your eyes gently for a few seconds to allow the eye drop to spread evenly across your eye.
- Avoid blinking or rubbing your eyes immediately after applying the eye drops.
Step Three: After the Application
- Gently dab your eyes with a clean tissue to remove excess eye drops.
- Wait for a few minutes before applying any makeup to your eyes.
- Avoid touching or rubbing your eyes for at least 10 minutes after applying the eye drops.
By following these steps, you can safely apply eye drops with eyelash extensions without causing any damage. Remember to be gentle and avoid rubbing your eyes, as this can cause your lashes to fall out or become damaged.
Using eye drops with eyelash extensions is generally safe and can even be beneficial for maintaining the health and hydration of your lashes.
It is important to choose the right type of eye drops and to apply them correctly to avoid any potential damage to your lash line.
When selecting eye drops, make sure to choose a brand that is safe for use with contact lenses and does not contain any ingredients that could damage your extensions.
Some popular brands that are safe for use with eyelash extensions include Refresh Tears, Visine, and Naphcon-A. Applying eye drops correctly is vital to avoid damaging your extensions.
Make sure to apply the drops carefully, avoiding contact with your lashes as much as possible. If you need to clean your lashes, use a clean spoolie brush or a lint-free cloth to gently remove any debris.
Suppose you experience any irritation or discomfort after using eye drops with your extensions. It is important to speak with a dermatologist or your lash technician to determine the cause of the issue.
They may recommend switching to a different type of eye drop or adjusting your lash care routine.
Frequently Asked Questions About Eye Drops With Eyelash Extensions
Does Using Eye Drop With Eyelash Extensions Carry Any Risks?
Using eye drops with eyelash extensions is generally safe, but it is essential to be careful with the type of eye drops you use.
Eye drops containing saline, oils, glycols, and glycerin should be avoided when wearing lash extensions because they can weaken the lash adhesive.
It is recommended to use preservative-free eye drops to avoid any irritation or allergic reactions.
Why Do Some Eye Drops Ruin Eyelash Extensions?
Some eye drops contain ingredients that can break down the adhesive used to attach the eyelash extensions.
Eye drops containing oils can dissolve the lash adhesive, causing the eyelash extensions to fall off prematurely.
Eye drops containing glycols and glycerin can weaken the adhesive, causing the extensions to loosen and fall off.
What Eye Drops Help Allergic Reaction To Eyelashes?
Over-the-counter allergy eye drops containing antihistamines can help relieve an allergic reaction to eyelashes.
Some recommended brands include Zaditor and Alaway.
It is important to consult with a doctor or pharmacist before using any eye drops to ensure they are safe and appropriate for your specific condition.
As a certified lash and brow artist, I am passionate about helping others grow their lash and brow businesses, while educating consumers on the current trends.
So let me help you get the lash or brow business you’ve always wanted! We have a lot of great information on One Stop Lashes to help you.
Need more clients? Get your business listed with us, and we can help you get customers in your seat. I have 15 years of experience in the beauty industry and am certified in eyelash extensions, lash lifts, microblading, and lash and brow tints.
Being involved in the lash and brow industry, I have helped numerous businesses as a consultant helping lash artists grow their businesses and income.
In addition, I help my clients with a strategy to build the perfect lash business for long-term sustainable growth.