Before going for a Facial while having Eyelash Extensions, it’s essential to consult with a professional esthetician or lash technician to ensure proper techniques and products are used.
By doing so, you can reap the benefits of this beauty combination while minimizing the risk of any potential side effects or complications with your eyelash extensions.
♥ Key Takeaways ♥
- Precautions and considerations must be taken to protect your extensions during the facial.
- It is recommended to get a facial before getting eyelash extensions applied to prevent complications and allow time for the skin to settle down.
- Steaming the face with eyelash extensions can weaken the adhesive, causing them to fall out prematurely.
Table of Contents - Click To
- Can You Get a Facial With Eyelash Extensions?
- How To Protect Your Eyelash Extensions During a Facial
- Should I Get a Facial Before or After Lash Extensions?
- Can I Steam My Face With Lash Extensions?
- Step By Step Facial Treatment
- Frequently Asked Questions About Facial With Eyelash Extensions
Can You Get a Facial With Eyelash Extensions?
Yes, you can get a facial if you wear eyelash extensions, but there are some precautions and considerations to remember.
Since eyelash extensions are delicate and require proper care, choosing a facial treatment that won’t compromise their longevity and damage the lash glue is essential.
While getting a facial with eyelash extensions is possible, it’s crucial to communicate with your esthetician and follow the necessary precautions to protect your delicate lashes.
How To Protect Your Eyelash Extensions During a Facial
Facials can be a bit trickier than usual when you have eyelash extensions.
It’s still possible to enjoy a relaxing facial without compromising the integrity of your extensions.
Here are a few tips to protect your eyelash extensions during a facial:
- Communicate with your esthetician: Before your facial begins, inform your esthetician about your eyelash extensions. This allows them to take extra care around your eye area and avoid using products or techniques that may damage the extensions.
- Avoid steam: Steam can loosen the adhesive used in eyelash extensions, so ask your esthetician to skip the steaming process. Alternatively, they can place a tissue over your eyes or use a cool, damp cloth for a similar effect without damaging your extensions.
- Use oil-free products: Oil-based skincare products can weaken the adhesive bond of your extensions. Make sure your esthetician uses oil-free products around your eyes throughout the facial.
- Be gentle: Protect your eye area by asking your esthetician to gently apply and remove products. This reduces the chances of the extensions getting pulled or rubbed, which can lead to premature shedding.
- Post-facial care: After the facial, avoid rubbing or touching your eye area. Wait 24 hours before washing your face or using a lash cleanser to ensure the adhesive has enough time to reset.
Should I Get a Facial Before or After Lash Extensions?
When planning your beauty treatments, you must consider the order in which you schedule them.
In the case of facials and eyelash extensions, timing plays a crucial role in achieving optimal results and preventing unnecessary complications.
It is generally recommended to get a facial before your lash extensions appointment.
There are a few reasons for this:
- Skin sensitivity: Facials often involve exfoliation, extractions, and various products. This process can leave your skin sensitive and more prone to irritation. By scheduling your facial before the lash extensions, you allow your skin time to calm down and reduce the chances of reactions with the eyelash adhesive.
- Cleaning the face: When you have lash extensions, it is essential to avoid getting water, cleansers, or other facial products too close to your lashes. This may compromise the adhesive and cause the extensions to fall out prematurely. A facial before the extensions ensures you can thoroughly cleanse and treat your face without these concerns.
- Steam and heat exposure: Facials often include steam and heat treatments. Both of these can weaken or melt the lash adhesive, shortening the lifespan of your extensions. Having your facial done beforehand eliminates this potential issue with your lash extension.
Remember that allowing some time between the facial and eyelash extensions appointment is a good idea.
Schedule your facial at least 48 hours before your lash appointment to allow your skin to settle down and for any redness or irritation to subside.
Can I Steam My Face With Lash Extensions?
Steaming your face can benefit your skin, as it helps open up the pores and improve circulation.
Steaming your face may not be the best idea when you have eyelash extensions.
The heat and moisture from the steam can weaken the adhesive used to bond the extensions to your natural lashes, which could cause them to fall out prematurely.
Instead of steaming your face, you can still give your skin some love by using other, more lash-friendly methods.
For example, you could:
- Use a gentle, oil-free cleanser to wash your face, avoiding rubbing your eyes and potentially damaging your extensions.
- Incorporate oil-free, water-based products into your skincare routine, as they’re less likely to interfere with the adhesive bond.
If your skin could benefit from a facial, it’s important to inform your esthetician about your eyelash extensions beforehand. This way, they can ensure any procedures or products they use are compatible with your extensions.
You can even ask for facials specifically designed for people with lash extensions.
Step By Step Facial Treatment
Before starting a facial with eyelash extensions, you must follow these essential steps to ensure the best results for your skin and lashes.
- Cleanse your face: Gently remove any makeup, dirt, and impurities using a suitable cleanser. Be extra careful around your eye area to avoid damaging your eyelash extensions.
- Exfoliate: A gentle exfoliator removes dead skin cells and reveals smoother, brighter skin. Focus on areas prone to buildup, like your T-zone, but be mindful of your delicate eye area.
- Steam: Steaming helps open up your pores, making absorbing products and extracting impurities easier. You can use a facial steamer or simply hold your face over a bowl of hot water covered by a towel. Steam your face for a few minutes, but avoid excessive steaming, as it can overstimulate your skin.
- Apply a mask: Choose a mask based on your skin type and needs, such as a hydrating mask for dry skin or a purifying mask for oily skin. Apply the mask evenly across your face, avoiding the eye area and your eyelash extensions. Leave the mask on for the recommended time, usually 10-20 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
- Tone: After rinsing off the mask, apply a toner to restore the pH balance of your skin and tighten your pores. Choose a gentle, alcohol-free toner to avoid irritation.
- Moisturize: Finish your facial by applying a suitable moisturizer for your skin type. This will hydrate, nourish, and lock in the benefits of your facial.
- Eyelash care: Avoid touching or wetting your eyelash extensions during the facial, as this can weaken the adhesive and cause them to fall out. If necessary, use a clean spoolie brush to gently comb through your extensions to keep them looking neat and tidy.
Incorporating a facial into your routine while wearing eyelash extensions can enhance your overall appearance and boost your confidence.
To optimize your facial treatment with eyelash extensions, consider the following:
- Research and select a certified esthetician or technician.
- Discuss your preferred lash style and length with the specialist.
- Ensure proper hygiene practices are in place when getting the extensions done.
After your appointment, follow these post-care tips:
- Avoid rubbing your eyes.
- Keep your extensions dry for the initial 24-48 hours.
- Gently cleanse your lashes daily with a mild, water-based cleanser.
- Refrain from using oil-based products around your eye area, as they can weaken the adhesive.
- Schedule touch-ups every 2-3 weeks to maintain the fullness of your extensions.
By taking these precautions, you’ll enjoy the benefits of eyelash extensions while keeping potential risks at bay.
Integrating this aesthetic enhancement into your facial care routine may improve self-esteem and a striking appearance.
Frequently Asked Questions About Facial With Eyelash Extensions
Can You Get a HydraFacial With Eyelash Extensions?
Yes, you can get a HydraFacial with eyelash extensions.
A HydraFacial is a non-invasive treatment that deep cleanses, exfoliates, and hydrates your skin.
There are a few considerations when opting for a facial with eyelash extensions.
You can get a HydraFacial with eyelash extensions if you and your technician take the necessary precautions.
By choosing an experienced technician, using gentle products, limiting steam exposure, and practicing proper aftercare, you can enjoy the benefits of a facial without compromising the integrity of your eyelash extensions.
As a certified lash and brow artist, I am passionate about helping others grow their lash and brow businesses, while educating consumers on the current trends.
So let me help you get the lash or brow business you’ve always wanted! We have a lot of great information on One Stop Lashes to help you.
Need more clients? Get your business listed with us, and we can help you get customers in your seat. I have 15 years of experience in the beauty industry and am certified in eyelash extensions, lash lifts, microblading, and lash and brow tints.
Being involved in the lash and brow industry, I have helped numerous businesses as a consultant helping lash artists grow their businesses and income.
In addition, I help my clients with a strategy to build the perfect lash business for long-term sustainable growth.