Understanding how to protect your Eyelash Extensions during a Massage is crucial in maintaining their appearance and longevity.
It’s essential to communicate with your massage therapist about protecting your lash extensions.
♥ Key Takeaways ♥
- Importance of communicating with your massage therapist about protecting eyelash extensions during a massage.
- Avoid putting pressure on the lashes during the massage and adjust the face cradle on a massage bed to accommodate the extensions.
- Use a sleep mask or soft eye pillow during the massage to provide additional protection.
- After the massage, check your eyelash extensions for any looseness or damage and schedule an appointment with your lash technician for a touch-up if necessary.
Table of Contents - Click To
- Can I Get a Massage With Eyelash Extensions?
- How To Get a Massage With Eyelash Extensions
- Create a Face Cradle With Your Arms
- Frequently Asked Questions About How To Protect Eyelash Extensions During Massage
Can I Get a Massage With Eyelash Extensions?
Yes, you can get a massage with eyelash extensions.
It’s essential to take precautions to prevent any damage or premature loss of your lovely lashes during the massage.
Here are some tips on how to protect your lash extensions during a massage:
- Inform your massage therapist: Before starting the massage, let your therapist know that you have eyelash extensions. This will help them avoid applying too much pressure when you are lying face down.
- Choose the right massage position: Opt for a massage lying on your back so your lash extensions do not come into contact with the massage table or face pillow. If you need to lie face down, request a face cradle with a hole or a soft, supportive cushion to reduce pressure on your eyes.
- Avoid oil-based products: Oil-based products can weaken the lash glue used for your eyelash extensions, causing them to fall out prematurely. Ask your massage therapist to avoid using oil-based products around your eye area or to use a water-based alternative.
- Be cautious during steam treatments: If your massage includes steam treatments, keep your eyes closed and avoid direct steam contact, as high heat and humidity can affect the bond between your natural lashes and the extensions.
How To Get a Massage With Eyelash Extensions
Protecting your eyelash extensions during a massage can be a challenge, but with the right techniques and knowledge, you can ensure your lashes stay intact while still enjoying your time at the spa.
In this section, we’ll guide you through some tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your massage without compromising your extensions.
Avoid Putting Pressure On the Lashes
During a massage, it’s crucial to avoid putting pressure on your eyelash extensions, as this can cause them to become damaged or fall off.
When laying face down, ensure that your lashes are not directly touching the massage table or face cradle.
If you feel your eyelashes are being pressed or rubbed, let your massage therapist know so they can adjust your position or guide you to different massage beds.
Adjust the Face Cradle On a Massage Bed
Many massage beds come equipped with adjustable face cradles, which can be adjusted to accommodate your eyelash extensions.
Request that your therapist raise the cradle slightly or place foam or padding underneath it to create more space between your face and the cradle. This will help to prevent your lashes from being crushed during your massage.
Create a Face Cradle With a Towel
If there isn’t enough clearance beneath the face cradle for your eyelash extensions, you can create your own makeshift face cradle using a towel.
Fold the towel into a U-shape and place it on the table in front of you, allowing your forehead to rest on the towel while your eyelash extensions hang freely over the edge.
Create a Face Cradle With Your Arms
In the absence of a towel or an adjustable face cradle, you can use your arms to create a makeshift support system for your face.
To do this, cross your arms over each other, creating an “X” shape. Next, rest your forehead on the back of your hands with your palms facing up.
This position will allow your lashes to hang freely without touching any surfaces during your massage.
In order to protect your eyelash extensions during a massage, it is essential to follow some key guidelines.
Communicate with your massage therapist about the presence of your extensions. This will help them be more cautious and avoid accidentally rubbing or tugging on your lashes.
Consider using a sleep mask or a soft eye pillow during the massage to provide additional protection. This can act as a barrier, preventing direct contact between the massage therapist’s hands and your eyelash extensions.
When selecting a mask or pillow, make sure it is gentle on your extensions and does not press too hard against your eyes.
After your massage is complete, take a moment to check your eyelash extensions for any looseness or damage.
If you notice any issues, schedule an appointment with your lash technician for a touch-up as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions About How To Protect Eyelash Extensions During Massage
Should You Use a Sleep Mask To Protect Eyelash Extensions During Massage?
Using a sleep mask can be a helpful method to protect your eyelash extensions during a massage.
When selecting a sleep mask, be mindful of a few key factors for optimal protection:
- Choose a sleep mask with a 3D design, as it creates extra space around the eye area and avoids direct pressure on your eyelash extensions.
- Ensure the sleep mask is made from soft and breathable materials, such as silk or satin, to minimize irritation and encourage relaxation during your massage.
- Opt for masks with adjustable straps, allowing you to find the perfect fit without putting unnecessary tension on your extensions.
As a certified lash and brow artist, I am passionate about helping others grow their lash and brow businesses, while educating consumers on the current trends.
So let me help you get the lash or brow business you’ve always wanted! We have a lot of great information on One Stop Lashes to help you.
Need more clients? Get your business listed with us, and we can help you get customers in your seat. I have 15 years of experience in the beauty industry and am certified in eyelash extensions, lash lifts, microblading, and lash and brow tints.
Being involved in the lash and brow industry, I have helped numerous businesses as a consultant helping lash artists grow their businesses and income.
In addition, I help my clients with a strategy to build the perfect lash business for long-term sustainable growth.