If you’re active and lead a busy lifestyle, you might be wondering about the compatibility of your Workout routine with your Eyelash Extensions.
Yes, you can work out with eyelash extensions.
The key is waiting at least 4 hours after your appointment before you hit the gym or engage in physical activity.
This waiting period is crucial as it allows the adhesive to bond the extensions to your natural lashes to cure.
Certain precautions should be taken to protect your lash extensions and lash glue during workouts.
Go ahead and strike the perfect balance between staying active and looking fabulous!
♥ Key Takeaways ♥
- It is safe to work out after getting eyelash extensions, but certain precautions should be taken to help with the longevity of the lashes.
- Wait at least 4 hours after getting the extensions for the adhesive to properly adhere to your natural lashes.
- Avoid intense workouts that could cause excessive sweating, which might weaken the adhesive.
- Wear a sweatband or a headband to help keep sweat away from your eyes and eyelash extensions.
- Cleanse your lashes after your workout and avoid oily cosmetics.
Table of Contents - Click To
- Working Out After Getting Eyelash Extensions
- Can You Workout With Eyelash Extensions?
- How To Preserve Lash Extensions During a Workout
- Best Exercises To Do With Lash Extensions
- Worst Exercises To Do With Lash Extensions
- Frequently Asked Questions About Can You Workout After Getting Eyelash Extensions?
Working Out After Getting Eyelash Extensions
You can work out after getting eyelash extensions, but there are a few precautions you should take to maintain the longevity of your lashes.
The general rule is to wait at least 24-48 hours after getting the extensions for the adhesive to properly adhere to your natural lashes.
During this time, it’s best to avoid intense workouts that could cause excessive sweating, which might weaken the adhesive. Sweat and eyelash extensions is never a good combination right after getting them applied.
If you are at the gym you possibly like to get in the hot tub with your eyelash extensions on or hop into the sauna to get a good sweat going. There are precautions you should take for this as well.
Can You Workout With Eyelash Extensions?
Yes, you can work out while wearing eyelash extensions.
It’s safe to engage in physical activities, and it won’t negatively affect the retention of your extensions.
There are some precautions to remember to ensure you maintain those gorgeous lash extensions during your exercise routine.
Working out with a fresh, clean face is highly recommended, as the mixture of sweat, lotions, and makeup can cause products to “melt” off your skin and onto your lashes.
This can lead to dirty lashes and poor retention. Consider carrying a clean washcloth to wipe your forehead and keep those face products away from your extensions when exercising.
While engaging in your workout routine, be mindful of your equipment, and avoid direct contact between your eyelash extensions and gym gear.
This helps prevent any damage or unnecessary stress on your lashes.
How To Preserve Lash Extensions During a Workout
Taking care of your eyelash extensions while working out is essential to keep them looking great for as long as possible.
Here are tips to help you preserve your lash extensions during a workout:
- Clean your lashes before exercising: Start with clean lashes by gently cleansing them with a lash-approved cleanser. This will prevent dirt and oil buildup and help your extensions last longer.
- Avoid excessive rubbing: Sweating is common during workouts, but resist the urge to rub your eyes or use a towel to wipe sweat off your face. Rubbing can pull on your lash extensions and cause them to fall out prematurely.
- Use sweatbands: Wear a sweatband or a headband to help keep sweat away from your eyes and eyelash extensions. This will minimize the contact between your lashes and oils from your sweat.
- Choose low-impact workouts: If possible, opt for low-impact exercises like swimming, walking, or running when wearing your lash extensions. High-intensity workouts can put more strain on your extensions due to excessive sweating and rapid movements.
- Allow your lashes to dry after your workout: Avoid rubbing your eyes or using a towel on your lashes. Instead, allow your lashes to air-dry to prevent any damage.
- Cleanse your lashes after your workout: Clean your lash extensions with a gentle cleanser after your workout to remove any sweat, oils, and debris. Remember to avoid oily cosmetics, as they can weaken the adhesive bond of your extensions. Stray away from eyelash curlers, as those can tear out your lashes.
- Maintain regular refills: Regularly visit a lash technician for refills to ensure your lash extensions stay in top condition. This will help extend their lifespan and keep them looking fresh even with an active lifestyle.
Best Exercises To Do With Lash Extensions
After getting your eyelash extensions, you might wonder which exercises are safe to do with lash extensions without causing any damage to your lashes.
Don’t worry, we have got you covered!
Here are some exercises that you can safely do with your lash extensions.
Yoga and Pilates: Both yoga and pilates involve gentle movements and poses that don’t cause you to sweat excessively. These low-intensity workouts are perfect for keeping your eyelash extensions intact, as they won’t create excessive friction or pull on your lashes while you exercise.
Resistance Training: Lifting weights and using resistance bands can be a great way to work out with eyelash extensions. As long as you are careful not to rub or tug at your lashes, the low-impact resistance exercises can help you stay fit without negatively affecting your lash retention.
Walking and Light Cardio: Activities like brisk walking or light jogging are generally safe for your lash extensions. You can confidently engage in a light cardio routine as long as you avoid high-impact exercises that cause excessive sweating or any activity that may tug on your lashes. Be cautious during post-workout cooldowns to avoid rubbing your eyes with a towel, as this can cause your extensions to fall out prematurely.
Worst Exercises To Do With Lash Extensions
While it’s generally safe to work out while wearing lash extensions, there are certain types of exercises that you should avoid to prevent damaging or prematurely losing your lash extensions.
This is especially important during the first 24 hours after getting your extensions, as the adhesive needs time to fully cure.
Jumping or Running: These exercises may cause excessive sweating and increase the risk of damaging or loosening your fake lashes. Instead, opt for low-impact activities.
Boxing: Avoid exercises that may cause direct contact with your lashes, such as using boxing gloves or weightlifting straps. This physical contact can damage your extensions or cause them to fall out prematurely. Instead, use alternative workout equipment or modify your exercise routine to avoid direct contact.
Swimming: Try not to completely submerge your extensions in water. While swimming is generally safe for your lashes, activities like synchronized swimming or water polo may cause poor lash retention, which can weaken the lash adhesive.
You can work out after getting eyelash extensions, but there are a few important guidelines to ensure your lashes’ longevity and health.
It’s essential to wait at least 4 hours after your appointment before exercising.
This waiting period allows the lash adhesive to cure completely, ensuring a strong bond between the extensions and your natural lashes.
To keep your eyelash extensions intact during exercise, avoiding any activities that could tug or create friction on your lashes is best.
Opt for brisk walks and light workouts to keep your body and lashes in great shape.
You should also avoid using oil-based products or heavy makeup during your sweat sessions, as these can affect the lash adhesive and your extensions’ retention.
Use oil-free makeup and cleansers to keep your lashes looking their best.
Following these simple guidelines, you can confidently work out after getting eyelash extensions without compromising their look or durability. Happy exercising!
Frequently Asked Questions About Can You Workout After Getting Eyelash Extensions?
Does Sweat Ruin Eyelash Extensions?
No, sweat does not necessarily ruin eyelash extensions.
Taking proper care of your lashes is essential to ensure they last longer.
After a sweaty workout, gently cleanse your lashes to remove any remaining sweat or oil.
Make sure to avoid rubbing or pulling on your eyelash extensions.
Can I Go To the Gym After Lash Extensions?
Yes, you can go to the gym after getting lash extensions.
It is advised to wait at least 4 hours after your appointment before working out.
This gives the lash adhesive enough time to cure completely and securely hold your extensions.
After the initial 4-hour waiting period, you can resume your regular gym routine but don’t forget to follow the proper aftercare instructions to protect your new lashes.
Can I Run With Eyelash Extensions?
Absolutely! Running with eyelash extensions is entirely safe.
Just be mindful of your aftercare routine – avoid direct water contact and cleanse your lashes gently after each run.
Avoid using oily products around your eyes, as this could weaken the adhesive and cause your extensions to loosen.
Can I Do Hot Yoga With Eyelash Extensions?
Yes, you can do hot yoga with eyelash extensions.
Since hot yoga sessions can be quite humid and sweaty, be extra cautious when caring for your lashes.
Gently cleanse, pat your eyelashes dry, and use a lash brush to keep them in good shape.
As a certified lash and brow artist, I am passionate about helping others grow their lash and brow businesses, while educating consumers on the current trends.
So let me help you get the lash or brow business you’ve always wanted! We have a lot of great information on One Stop Lashes to help you.
Need more clients? Get your business listed with us, and we can help you get customers in your seat. I have 15 years of experience in the beauty industry and am certified in eyelash extensions, lash lifts, microblading, and lash and brow tints.
Being involved in the lash and brow industry, I have helped numerous businesses as a consultant helping lash artists grow their businesses and income.
In addition, I help my clients with a strategy to build the perfect lash business for long-term sustainable growth.